Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matthew 21:44

2 posters

Go down

Matthew 21:44 Empty Matthew 21:44

Post  Lee Delivered Sun 12 Apr 2015, 4:06 pm

This morning as I study God's Word I found the meaning of--
Matthew 21:44 and whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken, but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

The part of the verse that says and whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken, means who ever falls on Jesus and is broken hearted because of there sinful life style and calls out to Him for remission of their sins, .Jesus brakes the Hold the evil one has on their life and comes into them and lives in their heart.

And the part of the verse that says
(, but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder. )
Means the wrath of God will fall on all who do not come to Jesus for repentance and want to continue a life of sin and choose to reject God and His forgiveness, God will grind them to powder, their souls will be in torment forever.

Let us who are called be the ones who are chosen by the Lord. We all need the Lord in our lives, and Lord let us not fall from you, hold us tight by your side. Amen

Last edited by Lee Delivered on Sun 12 Apr 2015, 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lee Delivered
Lee Delivered
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 21
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2015-03-31

Warning : Matthew 21:44 110

Back to top Go down

Matthew 21:44 Empty Re: Matthew 21:44

Post  Waqar Daniel Sun 12 Apr 2015, 6:49 pm

Matthew 21:44.

As Christ’s ministry drew to its close, its severity and its gentleness both increased; its severity to the class to whom it was always severe, and its gentleness to the class from whom it never turned away. Side by side, through all His manifestation of Himself, there were the two aspects: ‘He showed Himself froward’ {if I may quote the word} to the self-righteous and the Pharisee; and He bent with more than a woman’s tenderness of yearning love over the darkness and sinfulness, which in its great darkness dimly knew itself blind, and in its sinfulness stretched out a lame hand of faith, and groped after a divine deliverer. Here, in my text, there are only words of severity and awful foreboding. Christ has been telling those Pharisees and priests that the kingdom is to be taken from them, and given to a nation that brings forth the fruits thereof. He interprets for them an Old Testament figure, often recurring, which we read in the Psalm 118:1 - Psalm 118:29 {and I may just say, in passing, that we get here His interpretation of that psalm, and the vindication of our application of it, and other similar ones, to Him and His office}; ‘The stone which the builders rejected,’ said He, ‘is become the head of the corner’; and then, falling back on other Old Testament uses of the same figure, He weaves into one the whole of them-that in Isaiah about the ‘sure foundation,’ and that in Daniel about ‘the stone cut out without hands, which became a great mountain,’ crushing down all opposition,-and centres them all in Himself; as fulfilled in Himself, in His person and His work.

The two clauses of my text figuratively point to two different classes of operation on the rejecters of the Gospel. What are these two classes? ‘Whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.’ In the one case, the stone is represented as passive, lying quiet; in the other, it has acquired motion. In the one case, the man stumbles and hurts himself; a remediable injury, a self-inflicted injury, a natural injury, without the active operation of Christ to produce it at all; in the other case the injury is worse than remediable, it is utter, absolute, grinding destruction, and it comes from the active operation of the ‘stone of stumbling.’ That is to say, the one class represents the present hurts and harms which, by the natural operation of things, without the action of Christ judicially at all, every man receives in the very act of rejecting the Gospel; and the other represents the ultimate issue of that rejection, which rejection is darkened into opposition and fixed hostility, when the stone that was laid ‘for a foundation’ has got wings {if I may so say}, and comes down in judgment, crushing and destroying the antagonist utterly. ‘Whosoever falls on this stone is broken,’ here and now; and ‘on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder,’ hereafter and yonder.

Taking, then, into account the weaving together in this passage of the three figures from the Old Testament to which I have already referred,-the rejected stone, the foundation, and the mountain-stone of Daniel, and looking in the light of these, at the twofold issues, one present and one future, which the text distinctly brings before us,-we have just three points to which I ask your attention now. First, Every man has some kind of contact with Christ. Secondly, Rejection of Him, here and now, is harm and maiming. And, lastly, Rejection of Him, hereafter and yonder, is hopeless, endless, utter destruction.

Source: MacLaren's Expositions

Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Registration date : 2007-06-25

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Waqar Daniel Sun 12 Apr 2015, 6:58 pm

"Jesus said to them, "Have you never read in the Scriptures: 'The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone. This was the LORD'S doing, And it is marvelous in our eyes'? Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken from you and given to a nation bearing the fruits of it. And whoever falls on this stone will be broken; but on whomever it falls, it will grind him to powder." Now when the chief priests and Pharisees heard His parables, they perceived that He was speaking of them" (Matthew 21:41-44).
In Matthew 21:42, Jesus tells them that the stone which the Israelite leaders have rejected has become the chief cornerstone of this new nation. It is a reference to himself. "For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ" (I Corinthians 3:11). Continuing with the theme of being a rock, Jesus alludes to Isaiah: "He will be as a sanctuary, but a stone of stumbling and a rock of offense to both the houses of Israel, as a trap and a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem. And many among them shall stumble; they shall fall and be broken, Be snared and taken" (Isaiah 8:14-15).

In opposing Jesus, the leading Jews have run against an unmovable stone. They might strike it with their feet, but it is they who end up sustaining an injury, not the stone. Jesus is giving warning. As the stone, right now he is not doing anything and their opposition to him is injuring themselves, but there is coming a time when the stone will move and if they insist in continued opposition, they will be ground up like wheat under a millstone. This is an allusion to Daniel's prophecy: "You watched while a stone was cut out without hands, which struck the image on its feet of iron and clay, and broke them in pieces. Then the iron, the clay, the bronze, the silver, and the gold were crushed together, and became like chaff from the summer threshing floors; the wind carried them away so that no trace of them was found. And the stone that struck the image became a great mountain and filled the whole earth" (Daniel 2:34-35). Isaiah had also warned of this: "For the nation and kingdom which will not serve you shall perish, And those nations shall be utterly ruined" (Isaiah 60:12).

All this came about. Israel crucified the Son of God and one of the consequences was the utter destruction of Jerusalem and the nation of Israel. Rome also opposed the church and it too fell. And so it will continue till the end of time.
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Delivered Mon 13 Apr 2015, 1:00 pm

As I read your post, I am amazed at your knowledge, I wish that one day I can wright as intelligently as you. God has blessed you mightily.
Lee Delivered
Lee Delivered
Christian Talk Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Waqar Daniel Mon 13 Apr 2015, 6:44 pm

It is easy, do the following:

1. Before reading the Bible, pray to God to give you understanding, knowledge and wisdom, so that you can understand the Word of God, use it in your life and guide others so that Heavenly Father may be glorified;
  2. Before writing pray to God asking Him to help you write something that may save souls and He may be glorified.

For I will give you words and wisdom that none of your adversaries will be able to resist or contradict. (Luke 21:15)

Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14"If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it. (John 14:14)
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Delivered Mon 13 Apr 2015, 11:19 pm

That you my friend Daniel, I will do what you say, Thank you for guiding me in the way of righteousness. I will Glorify God.
Lee Delivered
Lee Delivered
Christian Talk Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content