Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SMART-memorising scriptures, using songs (1)

2 posters

Go down

SMART-memorising scriptures, using songs (1) Empty SMART-memorising scriptures, using songs (1)

Post  fennywest Fri 31 Aug 2012, 6:08 pm

Memorising Scriptures, Using Songs
This is part of SMART ( Scripture Memorisation and Reference Tree). The focus here is how to memorise scriptures, using songs. Some people learn better by singing the scriptures and this is an aide memoir.
(or Singing Scriptures)
Foundation for memorisation.
The value of memorising the scriptures cannot be overemphasized. God wants us to know Him and know His word well so that we can stand in the evil day.
Why?
1. Jesus’ Exampleship
When Jesus was tempted in the wilderness by the devil, He used the scriptures each time and that was how He defeated the foe...’It is written..it is written... It is written...
You and I cannot win the battles of our life in any other way, than ‘It is written...’
It is written...
2. God commands it
4 "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one!
5 You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.
6 "And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart.
3 God wants you to have an abundance of His word in you
Like Jesus:
Colossians 3
16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.Col3:16

4.You show your love for God by the way you love His word. Or you cannot love God more than you love His word.

5.You cannot know God more than you know His word. God reveals Himself in His word. If you have anything to boast about, let it be that you know Him.
24 But let him who glories glory in this, That he understands and knows Me, That I am the LORD, exercising lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness in the earth. For in these I delight," says the LORD.
Jer9:24
Paul. The writer or ten best-sellers had attitude for altitude, a craving to know God more and more regardless of how much he knew.
10 that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death,
12 Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.
13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead,
14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
Phil3:10,12-14

6.God’s word brings Good Success
8 This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.
Jos1:8
7.God’s word brings blessing, direction and prosperity
1 Blessed is the man Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, Nor stands in the path of sinners, Nor sits in the seat of the scornful;
2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD, And in His law he meditates day and night.
3 He shall be like a tree Planted by the rivers of water, That brings forth its fruit in its season, Whose leaf also shall not wither; And whatever he does shall prosper.Ps1:1-3

8.Prevailing prayers are fuelled by the Word of God. Do you want to pray according to God’s will? then pray His word.

7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.Jon15:7
24 Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be fullJohn16:24

9.God’s word is His will and His will is His word
14 Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.
15 And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.1John5:14-15

10.God’s word is powerful and dynamic, living, sharper than any two-edged sword.
12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.Heb4:12

11.God’s word increases our faith
17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.Rom10:17

12.You become a possessor of the word you profess when you apply it to your life.
22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.
James1:22
5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!
2Tim3:5
22 Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'
23 And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'
24 "Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock:
25 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.
26 "But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand:
27 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall."
Matt7:22-27

13.God’s word is a seed to be planted to grow in our hearts and blossom to bring forth a great harvest to God’s glory.

18 "Therefore hear the parable of the sower:
19 When anyone hears the word of the kingdom, and does not understand it, then the wicked one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is he who received seed by the wayside.
20 But he who received the seed on stony places, this is he who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy;
21 yet he has no root in himself, but endures only for a while. For when tribulation or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he stumbles.
22 Now he who received seed among the thorns is he who hears the word, and the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and he becomes unfruitful.
23 But he who received seed on the good ground is he who hears the word and understands it, who indeed bears fruit and produces: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty."
24 Another parable He put forth to them, saying: "The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field;

Deut6
14.God’s word is the truth that you know experientially that sets free, not just what you know in your head.
32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
John8:32
15.God’s word brings Light, direction
105 Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path.
130 The entrance of Your words gives light; It gives understanding to the simple.
Ps119:105,130
23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD, And He delights in his way.Ps37:23
18 But the path of the just is like the shining sun, That shines ever brighter unto the perfect day. Prov4:18

16.The Word purifies
17 Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.John17:17
Lack of the knowledge of the truth of God’s word destroys, limits, steals peace, joy, our inheritance, hope and faith
32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."John8:32
17.God’s word is positive and will transform your thinking
1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.
2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of GodRom12:1-2,
7 For as he thinks in his heart, so is he. " Eat and drink!" he says to you, But his heart is not with you.
Prov23:7
8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy --- meditate on these things.
Phil4:8
18.There is help on hand. Not by might, we have the Holy Spirit to help
Often we say we cannot memorise scriptures and remain babes with regard to our knowledge of God’s word. We buy the lie of the enemy and are short-changed of our inheritance instead of taking sides with God.
Refuse any excuse to keep you from memorising God’s word. If says, ‘Do!’ and if He says so, you can.
13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.Phil4:13
13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.
Phil2:13
... He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
1John4:4
4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world --- our faith.
1John5:4
"With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
Matt.19:26
Is anything too hard for the LORD? Gen18:14
Joshua and Caleb took sides with God and that was why they entered the Promised Land. Those who did not believe God and focused on their circumstances - what they could see, the giants, the problems, Goliath etc. -all died in the wilderness (Numbers13, 14)
When we are will and obedient God come to help us by His Holy Spirit, the Helper.
17 'Ah, Lord GOD! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. There is nothing too hard for YouJer32:17
7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.

The Holy Spirit will remind us of the scriptures we have studied and memorised and cherished.
13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. 14 He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.
15 All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.
John16:7,13
Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,' Says the LORD of hosts.Zech4:6
18 the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints,
19 and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power
20 which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places,
Eph1:18-20
16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man,
17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love,
18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height ---
19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,Eph3:16-20
19.God challenges us to state our case before Him with the scriptures, not sentiments but by His word, His promises, His covenant.

26 Put Me in remembrance; Let us contend together; State your case, that you may be acquitted.Isa43:26

34 My covenant I will not break, Nor alter the word that has gone out of My lips. Ps89:34
35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.Matt24:35

20.God is a God of Integrity. He stands by His word. He is mindful of His name and promises.
18 that by two immutable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we might have strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold of the hope set before us.
Heb6:18,
6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises. Heb8:6
For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us.2Cor1:20

Isa55:10-11, Ps119:89, Num23:19, Jer1:12,
God is mindful of His name and His Word is as good as His name.
2 I will worship toward Your holy temple, And praise Your name For Your lovingkindness and Your truth; For You have magnified Your word above all Your name.
Ps138:2
1 A good name is to be chosen rather than great riches, Loving favor rather than silver and gold. Prov.22:1
How?
Memorising God’s word requires:
1. Diligence
Memorising God’s word requires diligence, study, effort, tenacity
15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.2Tim2:15
2. Willingness: you need to see the benefit of God’s word and commit yourself to memorising it. God will not force you to memorise His word.

3.Delight and Love for His word
Unless you delight in God’s word you will not memorise it.
1 I will love You, O LORD, my strength.
2 The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.PS18:1-2
97 Oh, how I love Your law! It is my meditation all the day Ps119:97
4. God wants you to keep his word at the centre of your heart and have good health.
20 My son, give attention to my words; Incline your ear to my sayings.
21 Do not let them depart from your eyes; Keep them in the midst of your heart;
22 For they are life to those who find them, And health to all their flesh.
23 Keep your heart with all diligence, For out of it spring the issues of life.
Prov4:20-23
6 "And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart.
Deut.6:6
21 Do not let them depart from your eyes; Keep them in the midst of your heart;Prov.4:23

5. Confess it
Josh1:8 8 This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth...

6.Meditate on it frequently
This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night Jos1:8
But his delight is in the law of the LORD, And in His law he meditates day and night.Psalm1:3

Content and themes of Scripture Songs (and links where possible)
Set 1
1. I delight in Your Word (Psalms/The Word Ps119:9,11,47)
2. You are the Lord (Worship/Praise Ex34:6)
3. Rejoice Evermore (Joy, God’s will, prayerPhil4:4)
4. The Just shall live by faith ( Faith)( Rom1:17)
5. I will bless the Lord at all times ( Psalms/praise Ps34)
6. I will praise You, O Lord (Praise, Ps9:1-2)
7. Give ear to my words ( Prayer, Ps5:1-3)
8. He who began a good work( Phil1:6)
9. I will instruct you (Ps32:Cool
10. Praise the Lord (Ps150:1-6, sing the Psalms)

Title: 1. I delight in your word

Scriptures (3):Ps119:9,11,47 ( theme the Word of God)
9 How can a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed according to Your word. 11 Your word I have hidden in my heart, That I might not sin against You. 47 And I will delight myself in Your commandments, Which I love.
Ps119:9,11,47
Song
I delight in your word
Lord your word lights my path
I meditate in your word
so to be on the right path.
How can one keep pure his way?
By keeping to your word
How can one not go astray?
By living by your word.

Link

Title:(2) You are the Lord
Theme Worship/ Praise
Scriptures( 1):Ex34:6
"The LORD, the LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abounding in goodness and truth,
Exodus 34:6
Song:
You are the Lord,
The Lord God
Merciful and gracious
Long-suffering and abundant
In goodness and truth.

Link

Title:(3) Rejoice Evermore
Theme ( Joy, God’s will, prayer)
Scriptures (5) Phil4:4, 1Thess516-18,
16 Rejoice always,
17 pray without ceasing,
18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.1Thess5:16-18
4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!Phil4:4

.... for the joy of the LORD is your strength."Neh8:10
Song
Rejoice evermore
Pray without ceasing.
X2
Why?

This is the will of God
In Christ Jesus, concerning you. (Tell me why?)
This is the will of God
In Christ Jesus, concerning you.
X2

The joy of the Lord is your strength
His joy is your strength.

Link

Title:(4) The Just shall live by faith
Theme: faith
Scripture(6) (Romans1:17, Hebrews10:38, Habakkuk2:4, Gal3:11, 2Cor5:7, 2Cor4:18)
2 Corinthians 4
18 while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the: things which are not seen are eternal.
Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith. Habakkuk2:4
For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.Romans1:17
But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. Galatians3:11
7 For we walk by faith, not by sight.2Cor5:7
Song
The just shall live by faith
The just shall live by faith
X2
For the things that are seen are temporary
The Just shall live by faith.
X2
We walk by faith, not sight
X2
For the things that are seen are temporary
x2

Link

Title:(5) I will bless the Lord
Scriptures (9) (Psalm34:1,2,4,6,7,19,20,Psalm30:5, Prov.24:16)
1 I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
2 My soul shall make its boast in the LORD; The humble shall hear of it and be glad. 3 Oh, magnify the LORD with me, And let us exalt His name together.
4 I sought the LORD, and He heard me, And delivered me from all my fears.
6 This poor man cried out, and the LORD heard him, And saved him out of all his troubles.
7 The angel of the LORD encamps all around those who fear Him, And delivers them. 19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous,Ps34:1,2,3,4,6,7)
But the LORD delivers him out of them all.
20 He guards all his bones;
Not one of them is broken.Ps34:19-20
16 For a righteous man may fall seven times And rise again, But the wicked shall fall by calamity.Prov24:16
weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.Ps30:5

(Psalm34:1-2,4,6,7,19,20,Ps30:5, Proverbs 24:16)
Theme (praise/worship)
Song
CH: I will bless the Lord at all times
His praise shall always be in my mouth.
I will make my boast In the Lord
Let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
CH:

V1O glorify the Lord with me
and let us praise His name together.
This poor man cried to the Lord.
And He delivered him from all his fears.
CH:
V2The angel of the Lord encamps
Around those who fear Him
They all have one assignment
to deliver the righteous.
CH:

V3 Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good;
Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!
Oh, fear the LORD, you His saints!
There is no want to those who fear Him.
CH:

V4The righteous may fall seven times
But he rises up again
Weeping may endure for the night
But joy comes in the morning.

V4 Many are the afflictions of the righteous,
But the LORD delivers him out of them all.
He guards all his bones;
Not one of them is broken.

(To end: let the afflicted hear and rejoice) xxx
He is so good (let the afflicted hear and rejoice)
There is none like Him ( )
He is wonderful ( )
Link

Title:(6) I Will Praise You, O Lord
Scriptures (2) Psalm8:1-2
1 I will praise You, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will tell of all Your marvelous works.
2 I will be glad and rejoice in You; I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High.Ps9:1-2

Theme: Praise, Sing the Psalms
Song:
I will praise You, O Lord
With all my heart.
I will tell of all Your wonders.
I will rejoiced and be glad in You.

I will sing praise to You Lord.
O Most High!
I will praise You , O Lord
With all my heart.

Link

Title:(7) Give ear to my words
Scriptures (3)( Psalm5:1-3)
1. Give ear to my words, O LORD, Consider my meditation.
2 Give heed to the voice of my cry, My King and my God, For to You I will pray.
3 My voice You shall hear in the morning, O LORD; In the morning I will direct it to You, And I will look up.

Theme: Prayer
Song
Give ear to my words, O Lord
Consider my meditation
Give heed to the voice of my cry,
My King and my God.
For unto You will I pray.
My voice You shall hear in the morning.

O Lord, in the morning
Will I direct my prayer
Unto You and will look up.

Link

Title:(9) I will instruct you
Theme: Divine Direction
Scripture (3) Ps32:8, Prov3:5-6
8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye.Ps32:8
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.
Prov.3:5-6
Song
I will instruct you
And teach you
in the way you should go
I will counsel you
Direct you
Watch over you.
X2
Lean not in your understanding
But in all of your ways
Acknowledge Me
And I will direct your path.
X2
Link
[/b][/size]

size=24]Title (10) Praise the Lord Ps (150)
Theme: Praise
Scriptures(6)
1 Praise the LORD! Praise God in His sanctuary; Praise Him in His mighty firmament!
2 Praise Him for His mighty acts; Praise Him according to His excellent greatness!
3 Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet; Praise Him with the lute and harp!
4 Praise Him with the timbrel and dance; Praise Him with stringed instruments and flutes!
5 Praise Him with loud cymbals; Praise Him with clashing cymbals!
6 Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD!
Song
Praise the Lord.
Praise God in His sanctuary.
Praise Him in His mighty heavens.
Praise Him for His acts of power.

Praise Him for His greatness;
Surpassing greatness.
Praise Him with a loud trumpet
Praise Him with the harp and lyre

Praise Him with the tambourine
Praise Him with the dance
Praise Him with the strings
Praise Him with the flute.

Praise Him with the cymbal
Resounding cymbal
Let everything that has breath
Praise the Lord.
[/size]

Link

Last edited by fennywest on Sat 01 Sep 2012, 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total
fennywest
fennywest
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : Amused
Male

Number of posts : 1725
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2009-10-19
Country : SMART-memorising scriptures, using songs (1) RedCross-1

Warning : SMART-memorising scriptures, using songs (1) 110

http://www.inspiration4generations.com

Back to top Go down

SMART-memorising scriptures, using songs (1) Empty Re: SMART-memorising scriptures, using songs (1)

Post  Waqar Daniel Sat 01 Sep 2012, 8:35 am

Very nice
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25