Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Power of Praying the Scriprures Ps23

Go down

Power of Praying the Scriprures Ps23 Empty Power of Praying the Scriprures Ps23

Post  fennywest Thu 01 Mar 2012, 6:37 pm

The Power of Praying the Scripture

Praying the scripture, not only internalises the word of God; writes it on the tablet of your heart, but also brings unprecedented results; guaranteed answers to prayer.
God has told us in His word:
21 " Present your case," says the LORD. " Bring forth your strong reasons," says the King of Jacob. (Isa41:21)

Like a lawyer presenting his case in court, you and I can go boldly to the court of heaven and plead our case with God. (Heb4:16)Also, just like the lawyer does not just use fanciful words but finds statues and precedence to support his case and win the case for his client, you and I must find scriptures supporting our petition and pray it back to God.

Our own precedence could be recalling what the Lord has done for us before or for others we know or for his children in the Bible, and reiterating that He has not changed. What He did it times past He can do again. (Heb13:8, -6:18, Num23:19, Mal3:6, Heb1:12,24, Dan2:21)

How did Jesus the Lord Jesus defeat Satan in the wilderness? He used the sword of the Word, the weapon of the Word or the Sword of the Spirit.

3 And the devil said to Him, "If You are the Son of God, command this stone to become bread."
4 But Jesus answered him, saying, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.' "
5 Then the devil, taking Him up on a high mountain, showed Him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.
6 And the devil said to Him, "All this authority I will give You, and their glory; for this has been delivered to me, and I give it to whomever I wish.
7 Therefore, if You will worship before me, all will be Yours."
8 And Jesus answered and said to him, "Get behind Me, Satan! For it is written, 'You shall worship the LORD your God, and Him only you shall serve.' "
9 Then he brought Him to Jerusalem, set Him on the pinnacle of the temple, and said to Him, "If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down from here.
10 For it is written: ' He shall give His angels charge over you, To keep you,'
11 and, ' In their hands they shall bear you up, Lest you dash your foot against a stone.' "
12 And Jesus answered and said to him, "It has been said, 'You shall not tempt the LORD your God.' "
13 Now when the devil had ended every temptation, he departed from Him until an opportune time.
(Luke4:4-13)
We too can win the battles of life if we mediate on the word so much that it is ready to be used in the day of battle with the enemies of our soul or when we come before God to make our petitions, praying: Lord, You said in Your word...

Praying the 23Psalm

Father, I thank you that Jesus is my Lord and the Good Shepherd. Therefore I shall not lack anything good. My God shall supply all my needs according to his riches in glory.

You will lead me beside quiet waters; guide me to my green pastures.
Lead me, Lord in the pathway of my purpose. Guide me in your path of righteousness for Your name’s

Even when I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will not fear any evil. Why? Because you are with me. You are ever-present—Jehovah Shammah. It is written: I will never leave you nor forsake you until the end of the age.
Thank you, Lord for your presence, where there is fullness of joy and pleasures for evermore.

Your Holy Spirit counsels, corrects and disciplines me because I am a child of God.
You prepare a banquet for me right before my enemies, who stand aloof, disarmed, amazed at your goodness and mercy toward me.

You anoint my head with the oil of gladness and great exploits for you and my cup overflows.
Therefore I can say, fully persuaded:
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever and ever, amen.

Praying the Scripture
Rick Warren
“The Lord is my shepherd; I have everything I need. He lets me rest in fields of green grass and leads me to quiet pools of fresh water.” (Psalm 23:1-2 GNT)
You can use a variety of methods to meditate on Scripture and apply it to your life. Each will emphasize something a little different. Over the last few weeks, I’ve shared with you some of these methods, such as the pronounce-it method, the picture-it method, and the personalize-it method. No matter which Scripture verse or verses you’re studying, you should be able to find that at least one of these methods will help you get the most out of your time in the Word.
The pray-it method is no different. In this method you put whatever passage you’re studying in first-person and pray it back to God. Using this method, you don’t have to wonder whether you pray or read the Bible first during your quiet time. You do them together! And, you know your prayer will be answered because it’s in Scripture.
Here’s how you might do it with Psalm 23: “Thank you, Lord, for being my shepherd. Thank you for making me lie down in green pastures. Thank you for leading me beside quiet waters. Thank you for restoring my soul. Thank you for guiding me in the paths of righteousness for your name’s sake.”
Stop and think about the prayer for a bit. Has God ever made you lie down? Sometimes we don’t have enough sense to rest or relax. Sometimes God forces you to lie down. Sometimes he makes you lie down in green pastures because you are not taking care of yourself. That’s something to thank God for!
Have you ever felt down and depressed and were restored by God? Does God lead you down right paths? Of course! Psalm 23 provides a great opportunity to thank God for what he has done in your life.
Meditating on Scripture using the pray-it method will open up a whole new world to you in God’s Word.
Talk About It
• How will using the pray-it method help your prayer life in general?
• For what are you thanking God today? How has he been working in your life?
fennywest
fennywest
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : Amused
Male

Number of posts : 1725
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2009-10-19

Warning : Power of Praying the Scriprures Ps23 110

http://www.inspiration4generations.com

Back to top Go down